Apply for a Permit
Short-Term Rental Requirements - Permit Required
Before offering for rent or renting a Short-Term Rental within the Town, the Owner of that Short-Term Rental, or that Owner’s Representative, shall (i) register the Short-Term Rental with the Town, on a form specified by the Town, (ii) obtain a valid Permit, and (iii) obtain a valid transaction privilege tax license under A.R.S. Title 42. The Owner or Owner’s Representative shall notify the Town, in writing, of any change in the information required by this section, within seven business days of the effective date of such change. The $250 permit application fee is waived through December 11, 2022.
What information is needed to apply for a permit?
- The name and contact information (address, telephone number and email address) of the Owner.
- The Short-Term Rental’s physical address.
- The name, address, and contact information (address, telephone number and email address) of the Owner, or of an Owner’s Representative who is responsible for responding to complaints in person, by telephone, or by email in accordance with Section 10-14-5(A)(1).
- The name, address, and contact information of a designated emergency contact.
- The phone number of the Short-Term Rental’s phone(s) required under Section 10- 14-5(B)(6) of this Code.
Consent and Certification Required
- Proof that the Short-Term Rental has been registered with the Maricopa County Assessor’s Office in accordance with A.R.S. § 33-1902, where applicable; and
- A valid transaction privilege tax license issued by the State of Arizona; and
- An agreement to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- If an applicant is an individual, proof of lawful presence in the United States in accordance with A.R.S. §§ 1-502 and 41-1080, unless exempted by A.R.S. § 41- 1080(B).
How Long Will it Take to get the Permit?
Application will be administratively reviewed by the Town of Paradise Valley and a permit issued within 7 days if all information is provided and is accurate.
Download Forms and Brochures
State & County Registration Requirements
These are required Before You Apply for a Town Permit
|The Town of Paradise Valley levies a privilege tax on the gross business receipts derived from the rental residential properties. Short-Term Rental Owners are required to apply for a Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax (TPT) License from the Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) and post their license number on each online market place advertisement. Even though online market place websites will remit taxes to ADOR on your behalf, owners are still required to file a tax return showing the gross receipts received from the online market place with a deduction equal to the amount received from the online market place.|
Long-Term Rental: If you rent your property for more than 30 consecutive days, it is not necessary to obtain a rental permit from the Town. However, it is necessary to apply for a TPT license and collect and remit taxes to ADOR. The gross receipts from long-term rental are subject to a 1.65% tax.
All rental units, including vacation and short term rentals, shall be registered with Maricopa County in accordance with ARS 33-1902