This page will be frequently updated with the most current information about the Town’s COVID-19 response including service updates, information and resources, and press releases and other communications sent to date.
Paradise Valley Releases its Reopening Action Plan
- Phase One begins June 1st
- Employees who can work remotely will continue to do so
- Onsite employees will wear masks at counters and if moving within a building
- Masks are encouraged for visitors
- Established sanitation and cleaning protocols will be followed
- No gatherings of more than 10 people
- Residents and other visitors are asked to respect social distancing signage
- Town Hall restrooms will be closed to the public until Phase 3; restrooms in the public lobbies of the Court and Police Department will be open
- Community rooms will be closed to the public until Phase 3
Town Leaders are actively engaged in monitoring COVID-19 developments through direct contact with their governmental partners at the State and Federal levels and are planning and acting accordingly pursuant to the best information and advice from national, state and county public health experts and officials.
In light of recent federal and state health and safety guidance, the Town, by a unanimous resolution of the Town Council upon a special meeting called by the Mayor on March 17, 2020, has implemented an action plan to protect the health and safety of citizens and employees, effective immediately. Mayor Bien-Willner also issued a proclamation on March 17, 2020 that corresponds with the declarations of emergency by the President of the United States and the Governor of the State of Arizona to ensure that public health and safety are preserved and that the best practices from health experts are continually being followed until we emerge from this current situation together. Along with the other preventative measures explained in the links below, "social distancing" and restricting social gatherings to 10 persons or less are to be observed in the Town of Paradise Valley.
Municipal buildings will reopen to the public June 1, but the Town is still ready to help you remotely. Click on the staff directory below for assistance.
Not sure which department you need? Contact us below and we will connect you with the appropriate department or employee.
- BUILDING & ENGINEERING PERMITS
- CODE ENFORCEMENT
- COMMUNITY ROOM
- MUNICIPAL COURT
- POLICE DEPARTMENT
- POST OFFICE
- PUBLIC MEETING PARTICIPATION
- PUBLIC WORKS
- SPECIAL EVENT PERMITS
- UTILITY SERVICES
The Building and Engineering offices will reopen to the public on June 1st by appointment only. However, customers are encouraged to continue to submit applications electronically and meet with staff members by phone or video conference.
Please submit Building and Engineering Permit Applications, plans, and all supporting documentation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are submitting a large file please use a file sharing software to submit your plans. If you have any questions please contact the Building Safety Department at 480-348-3692 or the Engineering Department at 480-348-3636.
The Town is currently accepting payment via Credit Card by phone and a 3% fee will apply. Any redline resubmittals must be completely scanned and emailed to us for review. If you have approved plans waiting for pickup, please contact us to arrange for pickup and payment.
The Town is now accepting plan submittals in paper format by appointment only. The submittal must include a separate application for each structure and 2 sets of plans. If there are any missing documents or items, the submittal will be rejected and returned to the applicant. Redlined correction submittals (by appointment only) must be returned with the application, receipt of payment, documents, redlined set of plans and 2 corrected plan sets. Payment may be by credit card with 3% service fee or a check made out to Town of Paradise Valley in the correct amount. Please contact Sharon Bennett with any questions and to set up an appointment for submittal. email@example.com or 480-348-3556
The Code Enforcement Department is responsible for investigating complaints and code violations including:
- Rights of way
- Safety Ordinances
- Washes (maintenance and illicit discharge of pollutants)
Pursuant to CDC guidelines limiting gatherings of people, the Community Room is closed until further notice.
You may schedule inspections and view results via our website. You must have a valid permit number to use both the telephone and web systems. Both systems use inspection numbers, which can be obtained here (PDF) for easy reference. More information may be viewed here.
If you have any problems attempting to schedule an inspection, you may speak with a Building Services staff member at 480-948-7411.
- A face mask/covering must be worn at all time unless directed otherwise by a judge. Visitors are required to wear their own face mask and will not be provided by the court.
- A temperature check will be performed on all visitors and employees at the main entrance security station.
- Physical distance of 6ft must always be maintained in court. A maximum of 10 persons are permitted in the courtroom.
- Only participants scheduled for a court proceeding may enter the court. No guest(s) are allowed in with participants unless approved by a judge.
- Courtroom participants shall not approach the bench or clerk station. All case forms/documents will be provided in the lobby at a customer service window.
- We strongly encourage participants to utilize alternate appearance options for court proceedings. The court permits video and telephonic appearances for all participants. If you wish to appear remotely, please notify the court at least 10 days prior to appearance date at (480) 404-7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
NOTIFICACION DE LA CORTE
La Corte Municipal de Paradise Valley reanudara las comparecencias en persona el 1ro de Junio del 2020. Todos los visitantes y empleados deben de apegarse a las siguientes medidas de salud y seguridad:
- Debe de utilizarse una máscara/prenda para cubrir el rostro en todo momento al menos que el juez ordene lo contrario. Se les requiere a los Visitantes utilizar su propia mascará facial, la corte no le proveerá una.
- Se realizará una revisión de temperatura a todos los visitantes y empleados en la estación de seguridad de la entrada principal.
- Siempre se debe de mantener una distancia física de 6 pies estando dentro de la corte. Se permite un máximo de 10 personas dentro de la corte en cualquier momento dado.
- Solo los participantes programados para un proceso de la corte podrán entrar a la corte. No se permite(n) invitado(s) con los participantes a no ser que el juez lo apruebe.
- En el Juzgado los participantes no deberán acercarse al estrado o a la estación de el(la) secretario(a). Todos los formularios/documentos serán provistos en la ventanilla de servicio al cliente en la sala de espera.
- Le exhortamos firmemente a los participantes a utilizar las diferentes alternativas para comparecer a los procesos de la corte. La corte les permite a todos los participantes comparecencias telefónicas o por video. Si desea comparecer de manera remota, por favor notifique a la corte al menos 10 días antes de su fecha de comparecencia al (480) 404-7000 o en email@example.com .
The Police Department will remain fully functional. For in-progress crimes, call 9-1-1. For crimes not in progress, please call the non-emergency line 480-948-7410.
- Post Office hours of operation will be Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
- The Post Office will be closed on Fridays until further notice; we will reassess operating hours as the pandemic progresses with the goal of returning to Friday hours as soon as reasonable
- No cash payments will be accepted; credit and debit cards only
- Adhere to social distancing signage while in line
- Masks will be worn by staff; we encourage Post Office patrons to wear masks as well out of respect of the health and well-being of Town staff
1. View the live stream at https://paradisevalleyaz.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx
(a) Click on Calendar Tab
(b) Look for Town Council meeting (you may have to select it from the dropdown list) and find the meeting date
(c) Click the “In Progress” link in the column titled Video
2. Zoom Conference
(a) Computer: https://zoom.us/j/6678902153
(b) Telephone: 1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID 667 890 2153
3. Submitting questions and comments:
(a) Visit https://paradisevalleyaz.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx, search for the meeting date, and click “eComment”. Locate the agenda item you are interested in and click “Comment” (Please submit comments at least 1 hr prior to meeting)
(b) Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Please submit comments at least 1 hr prior to meeting)
4. Speaking during Call to the Public / Public Hearings
(a) Visit https://paradisevalleyaz.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx, search for the meeting date, and click “eComment”. Locate the agenda item and click “Register to Speak”. Join the meeting by dialing 1 669 900 6833 Meeting ID 667 890 2153
(b) If attending by Zoom Video Conference, click the chat button and enter your name and the agenda item you would like to address
(These meeting participation guidelines are pursuant to Town Council Resolution 2020-08 adopted March 17, 2020.)
During the COVID-19 epidemic, the Public Works Department will continue to perform services and operate on a modified schedule. Our goal is to continue to provide excellent customer service to our Town residents during this epidemic. Staff will be on site Tuesdays and Thursdays. The remainder of the week, staff will be working remotely. We will be monitoring and returning all phone messages and emails. Be assured any emergency or urgent situation will be addressed immediately. We appreciate your patience during this unprecedented time. To contact the Public Works Department, please call 480-348-3695 and leave a message or you can email Brent Skoglund, Public Works Director, at email@example.com or Jerry Cooper, Public Works Superintendent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the CDC’s recommendation to not meet in groups of 10 or more, the Town has temporarily suspended issuance of all Special Event Permits until further notice. This decision will be re-evaluated weekly as guidelines are updated by the CDC.
As always, the Town of Paradise Valley is here for our Municipal Utility customers. The Finance Department is observing the CDC’s recommendations for social distancing with employees working offsite most days. Finance staff is setup to receive calls, when offsite, and take your payments over the phone by calling Catherine at 480-348-3518. Emails may be sent to her as well at email@example.com. You may also make payments directly online with Xpress Bill Pay at www.xpressbillpay.com.
Information and Resources Regarding COVID-19 and the Outbreak:
In order to keep the public continuously aware of best practices and current information, the Town is supplying links to key public health resources as follows – please continue to do your part to reduce spread, including as stated in the President Trump’s March 16, 2020 guidelines:
Arizona Department of Health Services (COVID-19 updated daily at 9:00 am PDT)
For Information on Paradise Valley’s COVID-19 Response contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-948-7411.
For Emergency Services, Call 9-1-1
COVID-19 Hotline - Just Dial 2-1-1
A new statewide COVID-19 Hotline has been launched in partnership between the Office of Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, the Arizona Department of Economic Security and the Arizona Department of Health Services, Crisis Response Network and 2-1-1 Arizona. The Hotline will offer an entry point to field questions and concerns from Arizona residents about the Coronavirus pandemic and trained specialists will respond to calls in English and Spanish. The line will also provide important information, including:
- How to prepare for and prevent Coronavirus spread
- Testing information for COVID-19
- What populations are at higher risk from the Coronavirus
- What to do if you get sick
- Coronavirus and animals
- A list of websites with accurate, reliable and up-to-date information
- Information on food, housing and financial assistance