The rainbow of colors painted on the sidewalk or in the yard next door is not just for decoration. These markings identify the actual location of underground utilities. The markings include seven standard colors, each identifying a different type of utility line, and are temporary and will fade over time.
• Yellow signifies natural gas, petroleum, nitrogen, butane, and propane;
• Blue denotes water, irrigation, and wells
• Red identifies electric, traffic signals, and streetlights.
• White: Proposed Excavation
• Orange: Communication, Cable Television, Fiber Optics
• Purple: Reclaimed Water
• Green: Sanitary Sewer Systems
This service is provided at no charge to the customer.
For more information, refer to www.azbluestake.com
IT'S THE LAW: BEFORE YOU DIG, CALL ARIZONA BLUE STAKE!
At least two working days prior to beginning your project, call the Arizona Blue Stake Center at (602) 263-1100. The Center's working hours are 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM.